family

family

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Nolan's 10 Months Old

Nolan is 10 months old today! It is hard to believe that in 2 short months he will be 1 year old. Everyday is an exciting adventure with him as we continue to watch him laugh, learn, and play. People say when you have kids it's hard to remember what your life was like before. Let me assure you, I can remember. I remember only having to worry about myself, getting myself ready for the day, taking a nap when I wanted to, getting up on the weekends when I was ready, making plans on the weekends at the last minute, etc. Now that I can remember, I also know that I wouldn't want to go back to that time. I enjoy rushing home or to Kelly's to pick him up after work. I can't wait to get home to play with him and feed him dinner. I enjoy waking up in the mornings to him standing up in his crib, smiling and holding his arms up for me to pick him up. I love his giggles and seeing his little smirk on his face when he does something he knows he shouldn't be doing. I love watching him learn to walk and to see how proud he gets of himself when he takes a few steps! Blogger isn't letting me upload pictures right now...so I will put pictures in the next post.

At 10 months Nolan....

  • Weighs 19lbs 4 oz
  • Length- 28 inches
  • Drinks 4 7oz bottles a day. (2 or 3 bottles are breastmilk and 1 is formula)
  • Eats-apple rice cereal, fruit, veggies, yogurt, yogurt melts, Gerber crunchies, puffs, and turkey with sweet potatoes-his favorite Gerber "meal."
  • Fed himself for the first time on Christmas Day! He now feeds himself puffs all the time. He switches between his right and left hand, but uses mostly left.
  • STILL wears size 2 diapers.....I thought for sure we would be in size 3 by now...we bought so many size 3 yet whenever we need more diapers, out to the store we go for size 2.
  • Wears a few 6 month outfits, but mostly 9 or 12 month clothes.
  • HATES taking baths! He used to love them, but now that we are using the big tub he does not like them.
  • Words he understands-stop, no (although he doesn't always obey), bounce, come here, up, ball, walk, no hands, stand, so big, puffs, bottle, more, all done.
  • Nolan is able to follow simple commands such as: Come here, stop, go get your ball, put the ball in the cup, walk, bounce, put the toy in the basket, shake-shake-shake. We are working on learning the color red and finding toys that are red....he's doing a good job since we just started today!
  • Claps hands, gives high-fives, waves bye bye, gives kisses on the cheek (licks your cheek basically) and knows how to do ..."How big is Nolan?......SOOO BIG! He will raise his arms up. He will also do it for hooray!
  • Loves to play with balls-he will roll them to us, roll them across the room and go chase them, chew on them, put them in cups, baskets, etc.
  • Crawls everywhere and learned how to crawl up the stairs,
  • Cruises along furniture and stands holding on to things very well. He now has started to stand without hanging onto anything
  • TOOK HIS FIRST STEPS!!! He is able to take 2-3 steps before falling down.
  • Has started to drink from his sippy cup during meal times. He still is not quite sure how much he likes it.
  • Loves music-he will shake his head to the music and now has started to move his body.
  • He likes to be by people and where all the action is.
  • He loves to walk in my walker I had from a baby-he moves so fast around the kitchen and dining room.
  • He has learned to throw things off his highchair....once his throws it off 2 times I take it away. Yes I am that mean mom.
  • He has started to drink from a sippy cup at lunch and dinner-he will have juice and water....he doesn't drink a whole lot.
  • Said "Mama" on New Years Day. He says "Dada" a lot too.
  • Brings joy to our lives each day!


No comments:

Post a Comment