family

family

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Nolan's 1st Birthday Party

We celebrated Nolan's 1st birthday with a Sesame Beginnings theme. It turned out great! It was so hard to come up with or find a theme that I really liked. However, I saw this theme online and wouldn't you know it, it has been discontinued. So after searching on E-bay, the internet, and local party stores here, we finally found all the pieces to put together. (They have Sesame Street themed birthday party for 1, but it's not the Sesame "babies." There was a lot of items we wanted to create/make ourselves-so his party planning took a lot of time, but in the end it was worth it. Here are some pictures from his party.
*Up above was the Happy Birthday Banner that we made. I used letters from a banner I bought and cut them apart. I used card stock and wrapping paper to match the colors of his party. I also traced some letters onto cardstock to get certain colors. This worked out great because I could pick and choose the order of the colors I wanted. We used ribbon to string them together. We found mylar balloons online and some at card factory outlet that were the Sesame Beginnings. We used helium to blow them up and then used treat boxes (which you can't see) that matched the them to hold the balloons together at the bottom. We also had the same wrap we used in the banner for some of his presents and matching tissue paper in the bags. Above we displayed a picture of Nolan we had taken for his first birthday....later we watched a slideshow of his first year.
His highchair-we created his name sign, decorate the tray with little Sesame Beginning banner pieces. We were so lucky to find a cup and plate that went with his theme!

The cake table-I painted the letters to spell out the number ONE, we made "Big Bird Punch"-everyone loved it. (Consisted of Apple Juice, Pineapple Juice, Ginger Ale, and Orange Sherbert.) Jimmy made the Cookie Monster cake, Nolan's smash cake, and the Cookie Monster cupcakes. We had matching plates, desert plates, and napkins with the Sesame Babies. The banner was great-we ordered it online and it is great quality. I am thinking we will put it up in his playroom.

Memory Lane-We took pictures of Nolan and made a photo banner. We had one picture for each month. We created this using card stock, scrap book paper, wrapping paper, and ribbon. We made the label for each month to look like the street signs. It turned out great-we loved looking to see how he has changed from birth to 1 year.

This was the door sign we created to greet our guests. Jimmy created all of the signs from poster board and cut out all the letters on cardstock paper. We had little Sesame Beginning stickers that we found to place on each sign. It was so cute!
This was the entry way. I took some of the wording we used on his invitation and used some wrapping paper, cardstock, and scrapbook paper to make it colorful. (This party is brought to you by the number 1 and the letter N.) Then I put a diaper on the tickle me Elmo and gave him some balloons. It was a super cute entry for our guests!

I created a shirt for Nolan using iron on letters. I had seen tons of cute little girl shirts for 1st birthdays, but it was hard to find a cute little boy shirt. So I came up with this idea and loved it! I did try to find a solid color onesie like blue or green to put it on, but could not find a plain colored one.

THE CAKE-Jimmy did a great job and created a Cookie Monster cake sitting on top of a large cookie. It turned out great and tasted amazing! He also made a smash cake for Nolan...that he didn't even smash, but it was super cute!
We had a great 1st birthday for Nolan. We had just immediate family because we didn't want it to be overwhelming and it was just the perfect size! Here are a few pictures from the day..

No comments:

Post a Comment