family

family

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Weekend Fun

This weekend was a fun, but busy one. Friday night Jimmy and I met up with some high school and college friends at Old Chicago in Ankeny. It was a good time-whenever we are together, it is just like old times. We ate pizza, drank, and watched the NCAA basketball games. I was bummed Kansas lost because I had them in the championship game...oh well! Unfortunately I didn't  bring my camera so I don't have any pictures. =(

On Saturday morning Jimmy and I took Nolan to the West Des Moines Easter Egg Hunt presented by the West Des Moines Fire-station and DMACC West. We thought Nolan would love to see the firetrucks and the hunt was inside for 1-2 year olds.....which worked out perfect because it was raining.  Nolan did love the firetrucks and kept walking around saying "More firetrucks!" However, he did not care that much to put any candy or eggs in his basket. When we tried to help him, he would empty his basket and say "EMPTY!" Maybe next year we will have more success.


Walking to the firetrucks.






Nolan was very spoiled this Easter as he had 3 different Easter baskets! (Grandma/Grandpa, Nani and Poppi, and the Easter bunny at our house. He received a coloring book, crayons, books, Thomas trains, a flashlight, multiple cars, a toy bus, Elmo and Count figurines, animal crackers, a Thomas the Train toothbrush and toothpaste, eggs filled with candy, and an animal lufa. He enjoyed spending Easter with both sides of family. He ate half of a cinnamon roll that Grandma made and loved finding Easter eggs at the Morano's.

"Elmo's World!" Nolan loves to sing that part of the song when he sees Elmo.

Squeezables!

Looking at his Easter basket

Yum!



Ready for Easter lunch!

"Bean!" (Green)
Trying to reach the egg without stepping on the leaves..ha!

Filling his basket.

Nolan enjoyed naming the colors of the eggs as he picked them up.

Looking for eggs.

Q and Nolan looking for eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment