family

family

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Brody William Wittenwyler

On April 7, 2014 at 4:32 p.m. we became a family of four with the arrival of Brody William Wittenwyler. He was 8 lbs 6oz and 21 inches long of pure perfection. Here is the story of his birthday:

On Sunday April 6th, I thought something was up and wasn't sure if my water was "leaking." I monitored it all night and then Monday late morning I decided to call my doctor to schedule a check up to see if my water was broke. I called Jimmy's sister Kate to come get Nolan and sent a bag with him in case he would need to stay the night. Well, after my 12:00 appointment the doctor came in and told me my water was broke. I was pretty excited because I was scheduled to have a c-section anyway on that Thursday and I had been so miserable I was ready to have this baby! I texted Jimmy and told him to come home because we were going to have a baby. After picking up the house, getting our bags, and Jimmy making himself a quick sandwich =), we were on our way. I called my parents, Christina, and Jimmy's parents to tell them we were going to the hospital.
One last pic before leaving for the hospital.

Getting excited!

Ready to have a new grandson/nephew!

My parents were excited!

It seemed like forever before I could go back to the delivery room. They kept telling us we were going to be next to go back, but it took a bit longer than expected. Finally, I was able to go back. Once the spinal was in, Jimmy came into the room. This time there was only about 7 people in the room. (When I had Nolan, there was like 25 people because there were students there watching the surgery and watching the care of Nolan after he was born. Needless to say it seemed a lot quieter.) The actual procedure if very quick and when the doctor was pulling Brody out, the first thing she said was "This baby has a lot of hair!" and then followed by, "Wow this baby is huge!" She said she easily thought he was 8lbs and she was right! Brody had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck 3 times, but was fine. When they were cleaning him off, they discovered that he was grunting a bit. They called a NICU nurse down to check him over and she concluded that he would be fine.

Brody getting cleaned off.

Checking his vitals..Apgar was 9

Full head of hair



Then it was time to go back to our room.
First time holding Brody

Nani and Poppi checking him over

Poppi with Brody

Nani with Brody


Jimmy feeding Brody for the first time

He was so comfortable in my arms!

Nolan meeting his little brother for the first time.

Jimmy and his two boys. =)

Grandma and Brody and Nolan

Proud grandparents
Brody was checked over by nurses and the pediatrician several times that night. They were monitoring his breathing and decided to send him up to the NICU to do a check to make sure he just had fluid in his lungs and not pneumonia. He was there for the mandatory 48 hours. Everything was great and he rejoined us on Wednesday. It was nice knowing he was just being monitored and receiving such great care!

Checking up on Brody that first night.


Aunt Kate was able to meet him before she went back to Texas.

Feeding him for the first time.


Nolan checking out Brody.




Nani and Brody

Jimmy feeding Brody

Discharged from the NICU and down in my room.

So sleepy

All bundled up

Getting ready to go home!

Brody leaving the hospital

Goodbye Blank Children's Hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment