family

family

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Introducing Nolan James Wittenwyler

Nolan James Wittenwyler was born on 3/22/11 at 9:24 a.m. at Methodist Hospital. He weighed 6lbs 14oz and was 19.5 inches long.

Short story of his birth.....
I was scheduled to have a c-section on April 5, 2011. Well, Nolan had other plans for us. On Tuesday March 22, my water broke at 5:20 a.m. (It is A LOT of water...not a quick gush and then it stops like in the movies folks...) So I called my parents and then my long term sub for my classroom Laura and told them. After showering (yes I took a shower and got ready, and after Jimmy had time to make himself a bagel) we were off to the hospital! Once there, they hooked me up to monitors, checked to make sure my water had broke, took some blood work, and then it was time for the c-section. Now I was afraid there was going to be some pain with the spinal-nope...I didn't even feel it go in! Jimmy was allowed to come back into the surgery room once I had my spinal. He watched the entire c-section and took some pictures-no I did not look at them...and then at 9:24 Nolan James was born. The whole process was very quick because the surgery started around 9:15ish. After cleaning him off, weighing him, and stitching me back up, we were off to our recovery room. My parents and Christina, as well as Jimmy's parents came back to the room and met their grandson/nephew. It was amazing.





No comments:

Post a Comment